“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rain

It rained last night!
First storm of the monsoon season for us...it was gorgeous, claps of thunder, brilliant flashes of lightning, we even lost power for a few minutes!It was awesome.
Plus i'm feeling much better now, so I really enjoyed it. (thank you so much for your well wishes!)
Whenever there's rain, or it's overcast, I get into a happy/let's bake/tell stories/Halloweenish type mood.
So I'd like to share some pictures of a couple of stuffed characters I created.

This girly went to haunt a ghost hunting friend of mine..

And this young lady is going to a new home in N.M.in the next few days:)


I have a 'spooky' painting I started but that will have to be for a later post 'cause it's not quite finished.
Ok, I need to stop writing and get to work on the camper (since I've been neglecting it lately)
Hopefully it will rain again tonight!
Have a great Thursday, I'll see you soon.

14 comments:

  1. I love the ghostie and the button faced lovely that you made.
    This is the 4th straight day of wonderous cloud formations but as of yet, no rain for us. Soon, I hope. The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you were not well! But I'm thrilled to know you are feeling better. Your stuffed creations are so darn cute! Can't wait to see your spooky painting. Hope you have a happy holiday weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your storm....oooo, I do love being inside all cozy while the wind and rain roars outside! Perfect weather fr spookiness!

    Your dolls are so fun! Love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marfi!!! :)

    Yay! So happy to hear that you are feeling better :)

    I LOve your Sweet & spooky creations!
    all the detail in your dolls is wonderfyl!.
    I'm Looking forward to seeing your painting too!

    Oh, and did I tell you I am just over here in suspense to see your trailer!!! I know it will be Fantastic.

    cheers to the rain & creating :)

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, Marfi, I am so glad you're feeling better!!! I love your creations--You are so talented, my friend!!! Wishing you a Happy 4th of July weekend!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello and what a sweet blog!!
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dolls are beautiful and made me smile a lot. Glad you are feeling better.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rain does kind of cleanse the soul if you get to sit a minute and listen, watch and smell it. It is one of my favorite scents...the earth after a rain...worms...wet and fresh outdoors. Love puddle jumping - yep, even at my age! Glad to hear you are feeling better.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ghost and little lady are too adorable! You sound just like my sister. When it storms she is in her element.

    Also, I am super behind on my blog reading and am just now notifying you that I left an award for you on my blog on the June 30, 2011 post. You don't have to do anything with it, just to let you know you brighten my day.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure have fun with your art! Love the pretty lady! ♥ The flowers and jewelry are cute! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Storms are the best! And your little creations are magical...look forward to seeing your painting x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet dolls in a scary kind of way LOL. I love thunder and lightening too. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH THIS IS SO OOOOOOOO DARLING! And thank you, THANK YOU for visiting my home! It is actually linked to my main blog where I wanted to maintain the order of having professional photography and poetry to lead people to my home..thank you for coming! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  14. A monsoon sounds magical! I love your dolls:) and now I'm starting to think about Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)