“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween



Happy Halloween!!

We got a visit from the Great Pumpkin this morning!
It was awesome...loads of candy and toys...
I even got a mooshka doll!


I took Helena to a Halloween carnival and she also
got to visit the zoo to trick-or-treat and see all the 'spooky'
decorations and characters.
Unfortunately she's come down with a cold now..but
at least she had some fun! 


I remember some of my Halloweens being a bit crappy.
with either a cold or some other mishap occuring
just in time to ruin trick or treating.

One time though...I was dressed as a gypsy witch
and we went to a neighborhood that was giving
 great gobs of candy and BOOKS!
one of the books was called 'The Game'
and boy was it scary!!
I eventually read all the books in that series...
I wish I still had them!!!

So what are your plans for tonight?
I've always wanted to go to the 
Winchester Mystery house for Halloween.

There's a website with a list of some super scary attractions here.

Okay, Ive been awake all night
buzzing with sweets and spooky stories.
I'm going to nap
then get ready for tonight.
It's time to get out the old umbrella and jump
 into




 a new year!
   


   










Happy Halloween!

11 comments:

  1. Helena is adorable, and is that a giant cotton candy!! Too cute.
    Hope she feels better! soon. No fun being sick on Halloween! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "PM" reference at the end. The first Sat of November is a Book holiday. Make time to sit and enjoy a good read.
    Our local zoos do the BEST haunted houses, or barns, or buildings.
    I hope the little one feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what an adorable little girl!! It's weird but I don't really remember many of my Halloweens as a child. Happy Halloween!!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your little one feels better now and you weren't rained out of the fun tonight. I love that little dollie, too! Happy Halloween my friend! You've made this month super fun with your stories and creations! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing your girl to get well soon!
    I had great Halloween, and now will start preparing for New year, like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween Marfi, Helena is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully Helena gets over her cold soon and is up to fun things again.

    Books handed out for Halloween? I think I would have been thrilled!
    Happy Halloween (morning after! lol!)
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a simply magnificent Halloween and your little Helena is precious. I hope she gets over her cold soon. I love the celebration that your family does of the Great Pumpkin. What a marvelous idea. Your mooshka doll is so sweet. Mina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books!!! The perfect treat :) I do think that's the cutest pumpkin I ever did see, hope she's feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)